"This event may not be our largest, but it is the most inspiring." said Executive Director Shelly Blanchard. "It is a chance for us to shine the spotlight on the most amazing individuals and organizations in Rancho Cordova - our volunteers."
Blanchard said nominations often dig behind the headlines to find extraordinary acts of volunteerism that otherwise get overlooked. "That's why we open up the nominations to the entire community for those who have seen things others may have missed."
Recognizing GREAT Volunteers!
- Rancho Cordovan of the Year: Tracey Harris
- Distinguished Community Service: Jim Purvis
- Outstanding Service to Youth: Dr. Catherine Vigran
- Outstanding Teen Service: Anthony Lacayo
- Distinguished Community Service Organization: Whisker Warriors
- Distinguished Service by a Faith Community: Jenny Arnez, Mills Campus Life
- Distinguished Community Business Partner: Chick-fil-A Rivergate Cordova
- Couldn't Have Done it Without You Award: David McFarland
Each year, inspiring stories emerge about individuals, teenagers, businesses and organizations which are making a big difference in the Rancho Cordova community through extraordinary volunteer effort. The awards range from Outstanding Community Service to Rancho Cordovan of the Year, which often recognizes a lifetime of volunteering.
It is all celebrated in a fun and exciting event at City Hall. This year’s theme is “Get your Golden Ticket,” and puts a spotlight on the magic of volunteering in our community – Willie Wonka style!
Great things are happening in Rancho Cordova every day, thanks to great volunteers.
- Actions of the nominee have inspired others to be active in their neighborhood or community, or are an exceptional example of civic engagement.
- Actions of the nominee have advanced values of the Cordova Community Council of volunteerism, promotion of Rancho Cordova as a "great hometown," good sportsmanship, citizenship and healthy lifestyles.
- "Rancho Cordovan of the Year" may reflect a significant achievement in 2016 or may be considered a "lifetime achievement" award.
Get Your Golden Ticket
Friday, March 10, 2017
- No host bar
- Balloon popper raffle
Rancho Cordova City Hall
Proceeds benefit Cordova Community Council programs
Tickets are $25 each
includes dinner and program
Buy raffle entries: $20
2729 Prospect Park Dr, Suite 117
Rancho Cordova, CA
Contact: Marie Beckstaiger